We Heart Veterans
We are a local non-profit, who in conjunction with VetAttend Professional Services, helps Veterans, as well as widows of Veterans:
- Obtain non-medical home care services to improve their quality of life
- Bring local and national attention to the problem our Veterans face every day
- Help Veterans receive local and State awards to show them our appreciation for their sacrifice. Read More
Mark Your Calendars!!!
Please plan on logging on to support your local Veterans!
“Helping Heroes” 2016 3rd Annual Fundraiser
May 7th marks our annual Helping Heroes fundraiser at The Barley Oak in Mandeville, LA. Chef Presentations from Old Rail Brewing, LaLou, Sweet Daddy BBQ and Coffee Rani. Incredible entertainment by The Rick Samson Project and Guest Appearance Miss Louisiana United States, Sara Blanche; Miss New Orleans United States 2016, Anitra Bender; & Robert “Frenchy” Crochet of SWAMP PEOPLE!
Visit our Events page for more information and auction items!!!
May 7, 2016
The Barley Oak
Advance Ticket Purchase
May 5th -8th ~ Lilly Pulitzer Fundraiser
May 6th ~ Men’s Club Golf Tournament
May 7th ~ “Helping Heroes” Fundraiser
Lockheed Martin Supports Veterans
The Lockheed Martin Team at Michoud Asssembly Facility presented a check for $12,000 to the WE HEART VETERANS Organization. Thank you Lockheed Martin for supporting our mission to Serve Those Who Served Our Country! NEVER FORGET!
Adopt A Veteran
We Heart Veterans’ Adopt A Veteran campaign is a wonderful way for individuals, businesses and service organizations to offer their resources, so the lives of our ill and aging veterans can be enhanced. NOW is the time to take action and change the lives of the Veterans in our community!
Ramps 4 Independence
Did you know the highest rate of hospital admits and readmits comes from simple falls in the home? Operation Ramps For Independence is a program which provides the placement of safety rails and wheelchair ramps in the homes of our Veterans and Widows. Our last ramp was built for Rodney, a Navy WWII War Veteran. Read More…
Continuum of Care Program
Caregiver Services that are ADL based. Gratuitous Basis
Monthly Nursing Assessments – All services paid for by our nonprofit
* Head to Toe Assessment
* Vital Signs
* Blood Sugar Check (When Necessary)
* Medication Management
* Continuing Hospital Care Plan Once Discharged
* Nutrition Counseling
* Family Education
* Assessment for needed medical supplies
* Assessment for services provided by We Heart Veterans
* Monthly phone contact with client
* Medical Alert System for our clients
* Emergency way to enter the residence of the client
Transportation – All services paid for by the nonprofit to pay for a van and driver
* Transportation to doctors’ appointments
* Quality of Life
* Personal Events – Example would be crawfish boil
* Business Events
* Shirt Sells – We need to find places to sell our shirts
Board of Directors | Advisory Board
Thank You VetAttend
Did you know….VetAttend Professional Services, LLC donates home care for some of our Veterans in need!? VetAttend Professional Services now offers Aid and Attendance services for Veterans living outside the states of Louisiana and Mississippi. Contact Them today for more information. VetAttend Professional Services, angels on our side!